Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday--I'm caught up!


My photo today... airport breakfast! Now doesn't that look yummy--LOL. I did try to stick with something healthy. I got up at 5:30 AM to shower, finish repacking and be ready to catch the airport shuttle at 6:30. I had an interesting conversation with the shuttle driver, and young African man. He asked where I was from and when I said Chicago, he started asking me about our current political headlines--Governor Blago in trouble, Burris not being seated in the Senate. He was trying to figure out why there was a Republican as leader of the Senate (Cheney) when the majority of the Senate is Democratic. I explained that the current Vice President serves as president of the senate, and that after Obama is inaugurated, Biden will take over as president of the senate. He seemed to find our politics really interesting.
I'm happy to be home tonight! I had all sorts of goodies waiting--my CS kit, and package of TH goodies, and most of all, my DH and DS!

No comments:

Post a Comment