Sunday, January 4, 2009

Gwen's bits of life


I was inspired by the Paper Artists Online group to start this blog as a 365 project--a photo from ordinary life each day, with a little blogging on the side. I am a couple of days late it starting, but plan to keep going during 2009.

Today's photo is of a project finished yesterday--fabric this time instead of paper. I made two puppies for my two little nieces. They live in California, so I don't see them often, but I try to "help" them remember me by making them something special now and then. I found the pattern for these little guys at a quilt show in November. The pattern immediately brought back memories of sewing with my mother. It was a project she used to help me learn to sew when I was in grade school. We made "circle dolls" with scraps of fabric cut into circles and then gathered, making "yo-yo's". We strung them together and made clown dolls, with little sock heads, and donated to the church craft fair. When I told my sister about this pattern, she immediately remembered sewing endless circles! I thought this gift to my nieces would be like giving them a little something from their grandmother as well as their aunt.

1 comment: