Sunday, February 9, 2014

Wedding quilt

Jonathan and Angelica were married in August 2013. After they announced their engagement and then chose a wedding date, I began thinking about making a quilt for them as a wedding gift.  I asked them what kind of a quilt they would like and what color scheme they would like.  They told me that they would like a "modern" quilt and that they would like to have color they were planning to use in their wedding: gray, fuchsia and purple.

I began looking for a pattern, and went to Blue Underground, since they have a great selection of modern quilt patterns. I also started looking for fabrics and when I went to Paducah, KY for Quilt Week in April, I found some beautiful hand dyed cottons that seemed the perfect thing.

I finished the quilt in time to ship it to California so that it would be there when we arrived, with instructions that they couldn't open it until we were there, and they complied. As soon as they opened it, Angelica ran up to put it on their bed. I'm so happy that they love it!

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is AMAZING, Gwen! What a lucky couple to receive this treasure from you! A labor of love, for sure!
    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete