Thursday, December 26, 2013

Four Square Farmhouse

This lap quilt was my Christmas gift to Jim this year. It's the first quilt I've made for him. He frequently complains that he's cold this winter, so I thought that a quilt to cuddle under while he reads or watches TV would be just the thing. I got this kit on the Illinois-Wisconsin bus exchange tour that I enjoyed with Lee at the beginning of November.


The four square farmhouse blocks were fun to do. The cutting was easy, and they went together quickly. I love the batik fabrics. There are lots of subtle color combinations in each fabric so it is easy to make the fabric combinations for the various blocks.


I chose a quilting design that didn't have any flowers or frills.

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh this quilt for your DH is just gorgeous!! I love it. The colors are so beautiful! Did you do the machine quilting. The swirls in the stitching are so pretty! Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, sorry my reply is so long in coming--I almost never look for comments on the blog...
    Yes, I did the quilting. I have a long arm machine. It's a Statler Stitcher, computerized, so it's pretty easy to get quilting done, especially when it's an "all over" design.

    ReplyDelete