Sunday, February 21, 2016

Roses on Roses

Today I finished a quilt that has been a work in progress for a couple of years--I purchases the fabric in Paducah, KY, while attending a quilt show there. When I was in the process of purchasing my long arm quilting machine, I put the top together, thinking it would be a good practice piece when my machine arrived. When I started using the machine, I had more current projects to quilt and this top was forgotten for a time. Now that I have time to go through my "collection", I have rediscovered it and finished it.

My dad was a rose lover--he grew hundreds of beautiful blooms, especially when he retired and moved to Oregon, so this quilt is a special tribute to him.

The pattern I used to quilt it is also roses--perhaps you can see it better on the back:

No comments:

Post a Comment